|Outfit Details: Kimono: xhilaration Dress (worn as shirt): Kmart Skirt: thrifted Sandals: Philippines Bag: Rue 21|
I got called Pocohontas wearing this. Hmm, I wonder...perhaps it was because of the fringe bag? Haha, it was funny. I like all these little nicknames random people give me.
|Owl Ring: Philippines|
So I've been given quite a few blog awards and I'm sorry if I've forgotten about them! Anyway, they all included making a list of random facts and tagging others.
Well, I'll do the random fact list, because I think that's always fun to read about another blogger and find out more about them. But as for the tagging...well, if you want to join in on the fun, I say go for it! Haha, let me know if you decide to do one.
Random Tid-Bits About Me:
1. I play the guitar. I'm not amazing at it at all though! Haha, I can strum and switch between basic chords pretty quickly, but that's the extent of my guitar skills. Oh, and I can sometimes sing at the same time depending on the song. It's all thanks to my cousin in the Philippines that I learned. He visited me a lot and had the patience to teach me a few chords. Since then, I've taught myself by looking up chords to songs I like and teaching them to myself. I can't wait to see my cousin again so I can show off. :)
Which brings a random thought to mind. Would you guys be interested in seeing me play a little song on my guitar? It might be an interesting mix to throw in with my outfit posts. Just don't be thinking I'm some awesome Orianthi chick or anything...aha, all I have is a simple acoustic guitar and some basic chords.
2. I was a total anime nerd. The show I obsessed over was Inuyasha. Oh, and manga? Yup, was into that too. And it'd be all too easy for me to be sucked into them again. Something about Japanese storylines...
3. Although I'd like to be one of those girls who's a mini Betty Crocker, I'm too dumb to navigate my way through the kitchen. What's the difference between a teaspoon and a tablespoon anyway? I'll just grab a spoon in the drawer and call it good. Haha, I know it's just a matter of having the patience to learn, but...well, I find myself too busy to spend quality time in the kitchen learning how to cook. Maybe this summer it'll finally happen.
4. Paramore is my absolute favorite band! My taste in music can always shift around depending on my mood (from pop to country to classical, I listen to it all) but Hailey William's voice always get me.Plus, I envy her ability to rock flaming red hair.
|Lost my hat during my ecstatic jump! Haha, this one's calmer than usual, but hey, shout out to Josie over at 8bitgrayscale and Jenna at Bows and Leopard for calling a jump a "Linda jump" xD Haha, made my day!|
5. For a brief time during my toddler career, I took tap dancing lessons. Don't ask how I did. The only recollection I have from that time is a sore rear from falling onto that stupid, slippery floor half a dozen times. Oh, and that my instructor was a big Asian man with a bald head but a long braid at the back.
6. Also back in my toddler years, I would sneak around at our favorite buffet restaurant and sneak up on my parents. Looking back, I'm realizing I must not have been very sneaky...otherwise they would've panicked more.
7. I only just started playing sports on a team three years ago. Volleyball and basketball are so fun! After a year spent on learning the rules and how to play the game, I started at Varsity level in both, and I've had an amazing experience. Both have taught me how to push through and discover that what I think I can accomplish is far less than what I can actually do. Now I plan on continuing the experience and have signed up for intramural volleyball at the college I'm attending next year!
That's about all I can come up with right now. If you're curious about any other random things, go ahead and ask in a comment!
I'll answer you in my next post. :)